Monday 21 December 2009

Every little helps towards my Mortgage Free Challenge!!

Hiya All

I know most of you must be getting excited about Christmas now (well, it is only 4 more sleeps away!!) but I'm still obsessing about The Mortgage Free Challenge and finding funds to overpay my mortgage!! It's not been the best of months in terms of making mortgage overpayments but I was analysing my accounts and worked out that I could afford to make an overpayment of £50 without feeling the pinch. OK so it could pay for some goodies for over Christmas but you don't have to go mad you know!!

So that's exactly what I've done. I've logged on to my on-line bank and made a mortgage overpayment of £50. Now this usually makes me feel quite excited - I update my spreadsheet and see the pounds fall off. Strangely enough, however, on this occasion, it made me feel quite nervous. I think it's that whole Christmas thing. You overspend and take out credit via the good old credit card (Tesco Credit Card of course!!). However, I feel like we're spending left, right and centre.

I have tried really hard this year not to go overboard with our spending. But it's too easy!! I can be sat on the PC and before I know it, I've spent near on £50 and added it to my trusted friend, the Tesco Credit Card - all that and I've not moved from my chair yet can still be on Facebook having a chin-wag with friends.

So as my title suggests - even though it is only £50 - every little helps - and only serves to bring me one step closer to my Mortgage Free Challenge!!

Px

No comments:

Post a Comment