Wednesday 21 October 2009

Start Raiding the Penny Jar!!

Hi All

Ok so keeping my 12/12/09 mortgage challenge in mind, it struck me tonight that I was about to go to the cash machine to withdraw £10 to buy a loaf of bread. Instead, I decided to raid that money jar that I'm sure we all have that contains loose change - you know the one, it contains 1p's, 2p's, those dreaded 5p's (are they even worth anything!!) etc, etc.

I mustered up just enough pennies (£1.45's worth) and went to my local shop to buy what I needed - and that was it. No 'buy one get one free' or 'half price' offers - I got what I needed, nothing more, nothing less. OK, so the loaf of bread may have been cheaper at the supermarket - but it would have cost me a whole lot more!!

So back to my point, start raiding that penny jar on occasion and you'll be amazed at how much you can save - it saved me withdrawing £10 and wondering where it all went within 24hrs.

So go on, give it a go :-)

Pintsized1 x

ps - I was out on a cubs fundraising night last night and won a grand total of £1.05 - yeahh!!! OK, so the £1 went into my money saving tin and the 5p went into the pennies jar :-)

2 comments:

  1. Seeing as you were willing to take that £10 out the machine to start with that could be your first £10 to your mortgage overpayment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good point!! have just logged onto my bank account and transfered it over!!!!

    ReplyDelete