Sunday 8 November 2009

£200 paid today results in £232.53 overpayment after 3years

OK, so I've got to the 8th November and most of my direct debits have been paid out. Surprisingly, there's £200 that I can afford to take out without it affecting our budget. I've just logged onto my internet banking and paid off another £200 off the mortgage.

Now if you've been reading my blog, one of my earlier posts talks about a spreadsheet I use to caluclate the effect of the overpayment. I calculated the effect of that £200 overpayment and to my surprise, it actually takes off a further £32.53 over the £200 by the time I reach 12/12/12 - the end of the 3 year challenge.

Well I think that's crazy!! Not too sure how it all works but when you see figures working for you like that, it makes you all the more determind to keep overpaying!!

I think this is going to help me get back on track - yeahhh!!!!

Pintsized 1 x

No comments:

Post a Comment